Sunday, May 31, 2009

Waiting to Board My Flight

In the Chicago airport and awaiting my flight to Rome, which will arrive at 9:15 in the morning. From there, I'm traversing the airport, catching the train into the city, heading to the main train station, then hopping another train to Orvieto, where I should be picked up. Hopefully it won't be raining as is evidenced by the results of the Giro D' Italia....

Will be blogging personally over here and in a group context at the other blog for Newcomb's Trip. Am very much looking forward to covering everything. My boss, Crystal, was kind enough to send me an adorable Flip camcorder - cigarette case sized and takes an hour of color video - which I will enjoy learning to use. I've also got a nice audio recorder and of course a camera. Will attempt to produce a total immersion Journalism Experience for all the nice folks back home, or at least resolve not to mess things up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Faine - I can't wait to read all about this. Question, will I have to come here to read about all the great food....or will you be including that on your food blog? Anyway, have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will be over here, Kirk. So happy you're reading!

    - Faine

    ReplyDelete